Many of the courses, rendezvous and events listed here are offered by ACA instructors, guides and leaders, but the calendar is not limited to ACA events. Our goal is to serve you and support local and regional meetups and groups by providing one source of information that is definitely worth a bookmark.
Most of the events are imported automatically from various canyoneering sources, so there may be duplicate events if the organizers listed them in more than one place.
Events can be viewed as a chronological list or in calendar format.
If you are aware of an event that is not included in our calendar, please let us know. Submit events to: email@example.com
Please contact the event host directly for details and registration.
- This event has passed.
ACA Aspirant Skills Assessment Practice Session – St. George, UT
August 10 @ 7:00 am - 9:00 am
This is a FREE event, open to all ACA-MeetUp group members.
This will be a Aspirant practice session for those attending the Aspirant Assessment. We can get a group consensus on the skills that we would like to practice. Topics can include an item from the ACA Skills checklists such as passing a knot, rigging and anchors, rappelling, self-rescue, knots or other topics that the group chooses. The Checklists can be found here: https://www.canyoneering.net/resources/
So bring your rope and lets work on our skills. This is not a practice session for people who have not rappelled before.
Things to Note:
• We will be practicing at height! Skills will be practiced with weighted ropes.
• We will be outside; dress appropriately for anticipated weather – closed toe shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, windbreaker/jacket, and whatever else you may need to stay comfortable for the day.
• Bring snacks, water, etc. Bring a portable chair/cushion to sit on. Come prepared to take notes (pen, notebook, camera).
• This event will be cancelled if there is inclement weather.
• Do not come to this practice session if you do not want to be responsible for your own safety and well being. You are solely responsible for your own safety and well-being.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that: Canyoneering and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death; The organizers of this meetup and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant – including you – at any event; You release and forever discharge the organizers jointly and severally from any actions, causes of actions, claims, damage, loss including death or injury which may be sustained from participating in this Meetup event.
• All attendees are participating at this event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury or loss in whatever form to themselves or their guests.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer and release, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim including a lawsuit or other action arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group.