Most of the courses, rendezvous and events listed here are offered by ACA instructors, guides and leaders, but the calendar is not limited to ACA events. ACA affiliated local and regional meetups and group events can be posted here providing one source of information that is definitely worth a bookmark.
Events can be viewed as a chronological list or in calendar format.
If you are aware of an ACA affiliated event that is not included in our calendar, please let us know. Submit events to: email@example.com
Please contact the event host directly for details and registration.
ACA Totem Workshop – SLC
June 11 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm| Free
Signup for this workshop on the following Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/ACA-Canyoneering-MeetUp/events/zjtfmrybcjbpb/
This will be a FREE Totem workshop for all ACA MeetUp members.
The Totem is the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of rigging and rappelling devices. Deceptively simple-looking, the Totem is remarkably versatile. Use it as a rigging plate, as well as for rappelling – it’s simple to add friction mid-rappel and simple to lock off. You can also use it for ascending, belaying, releasable rigging systems and hauling systems.
TOPICS COVERED WILL INCLUDE:
• using the Totem as a rigging plate for rope management
• using the Totem as a rigging plate for tensioned twin rope systems
• rigging releasable blocks on single ropes
• using the Jester rigging system for lowering, belaying and contingency
• rigging releasable systems on double ropes
• rigging a Stone 8 with the Totem
• rigging guided rappels
• belaying two climbers at the same time
• rigging mechanical advantage haul systems
• rappelling with the Totem
• rigging for friction on single and double rope rappels
• adding friction mid-rappel
• locking off mid-rappel
• ascending with the Totem
• stop and go rappels
• Z-rig rappels
• rappelling in Throttle mode
• myriad of uses for the VT Prusik
You will need to bring your harness and helmet. Bring your Totem if you have one (Totems & VTs will also be available for purchase at the workshop)
Things to note:
• We will be outside, so dress appropriately for anticipated weather (closed toe shoes, sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, windbreaker/jacket, and whatever else you may need to stay comfortable).
• Bring snacks, water, etc. Bring a portable chair/cushion to sit on. Come prepared to take notes (pen, notebook, camera).
• No +1 RSVPs. If you know someone who would like to attend, please have them join the ACA meetup group and sign up using their own account.
• This event will be cancelled if there is inclement weather.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you acknowledge, understand, accept, and agree that: Canyoneering and other outdoor activities can be dangerous and can cause serious bodily injury and possibly death; The organizers of this meetup and current and former members cannot be held responsible or liable in any way for the actions of any participant – including you – at any event; You release and forever discharge the organizers jointly and severally from any actions, causes of actions, claims, damage, loss including death or injury which may be sustained from participating in this Meetup event.
• All attendees are participating at this event at their own risk and are solely responsible for any damage to their property, and/or any injury or loss in whatever form to themselves or their guests.
• By signing up for and/or attending this Meetup event, you affirm that you understand this disclaimer and release, and that you knowingly and voluntarily agree not to bring any type of claim including a lawsuit or other action arising out of or related to this Meetup event against the organizers of this Meetup group.