ACA certified Assistant Pro Canyon Guides are individuals who have attained and demonstrated a high level of technical competence through rigorous training and examination that meets and exceeds international standards. For prospective clients and students, ACA certification provides a decisive tool for choosing the right guide/instructor to help them achieve their objectives.
Assistant Pro Canyon Guide -- Step by Step
1. Must be current Single Site Guide or ACA Canyon Leader.
2. Create and maintain your member profile on the ACA's website.
3. Pass the ACA's Assistant Pro Guide Assessment both in and out of canyons.
4. Submit a Canyon Resume on profile that reflects the following:
- minimum of 100 canyon descents
- minimum of 15 unique canyons descended
- minimum of 20 canyons descended in which you performed in a lead role
How long does Assistant Pro Guide designation last?
Assistant Pro Guide designation is valid for three years, provided you (1) keep your member profile current on the ACA's website, (2) Participate in 16 hours of continuing education / training. (3) Must hold a valid WFR certification.