ACA certified Lead Pro Canyon Guides are individuals who have attained and demonstrated a high level of technical competence through rigorous training and examination that meets and exceeds international standards. For prospective clients and students, ACA certification provides a decisive tool for choosing the right guide/instructor to help them achieve their objectives.
Lead Pro Canyon Guides have successfully passed the ACA’s 4-day Lead Pro Guide Course and the 2-day Lead Pro Guide Assessment.
Lead Pro Canyon Guide -- Step by Step
- Prerequisite: Must be a current ACA Canyon Leader 2.
- Take the ACA's Lead Pro Guide 4-day Course
- Perform 2-day Internship (coordinate with Pro Guide)
- Pass the ACA's Lead Pro Guide 2-day in-canyon Assessment.
- Prerequisite: 50 canyon descents completed by the time of Assessment.
- Submit a Canyon Resume that reflects the following:
- minimum of 100 canyon descents
- minimum of 25 unique canyons descended
- Submit the appropriate First Aid / CPR certification (WFR for USA)
- Create and maintain your member profile on the ACA's website.
How long does Lead Pro Guide designation last?
Lead Pro Guide designation is valid for three years.
How do I renew my Lead Pro Guide designation?
To renew, you must before expiration:
Retake the assessment
Participate in 16 hours of continuing education + 2 Training Events (GLAR/Rondys/Ground School/Intro Classes)
- Must hold a valid WFR certification (or Intn’l equivalent).
- Keep your member profile current on the ACA's website